You must sign in to vote
- Chhana (Curd Cheese): 1 Cup
- Milk: 5 Cups
- Cardamom (Elaichi): 3
- Sugar: 2 Cups for syrup and 1/2 cup for payesh
- Water: 2 Cups
- Rub the chhana (curd cheese) gently with your hands so that no lumps remain.
- Make small balls out of the chhana.
- Dissolve 2 cups of sugar in 2 cups of water and boil the mixture until you get a sweet syrup.
- Add the balls of chhana into the syrup and boil the contains for 5 mins.
- At the same time, boil the milk in a separate saucepan.
- Take the chhana balls out of the syrup and place them in the boiling milk.
- When the volume of milk reduces by half, add sugar and cardamom (elaichi) to it.
- Sugar should be added as per taste.
- Let the payesh cool off before serving.
2 thoughts on “Chhanar Payesh (Curd Cheese Dessert)”
Good recipe ☺️