In my last post, I explained the concept and design of recommendation system for movie based products.[Total: 2 Average: 4.5/5]
Today, I want to explain the model for hotel based recommendation system.
- You must collect demographic data of customers who have booked the hotels and you can get it easily from any online hotel-booking website like makemytrip or booking.com etc.
- Collect the details of hotels like room, ambience, hotel star marks, longitude, latitude, hotel location, gym, swimming pool, terrace, local cab book facility etc etc.
- We need the customer feedback like review, rating etc.
- After collecting the 3 sets of data, we shall load it in a database or Python data frame.
- We shall remove the rows if any null value is found in any column.
- Check the categorical variables and convert to numeric using one hot encoding.
- Convert the customer feedback text values into some numeric value using sentiment analysis (a separate topic).
- Now, we can go for content based recommendation model using rating and feedback point.
- As we have longitude and latitude for hotels, we can use it in k-means clustering to group the hotels which have feedback or rating > avg value of rating.
- We should use the model as location based recommendation.
Hope you like my post and stay tuned for the next interesting discussion.