You must sign in to vote
Ingredients (Methi Paratha)
- Methi (Malabar) Leaves: 2 Cups
- All purpose Flour (Maida): 3 Cups
- Refined Oil: 1 tea spoon for kneading the dough. The rest is for frying.
- Salt: A pinch of salt
- Water: As required
- Wash the methi leaves and boil them well.
- Take the flour, oil, salt and boiled methi leaves in a bowl and mix them well.
- Make a soft dough with water.
- For kneading, you can use the same water that you used for boiling the methi leaves.
- Make small balls out of the dough.
- Make the parathas and fry them with oil.
Ingredients (Chhola Masala)
- Chickpeas (Kabli Chhola): 1 – 1/2 Cups
- Onion: 1 large (chopped)
- Ginger paste: 1 tea spoon
- Garlic: 5 cloves (minced)
- Cumin powder: 1 tea spoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 tea spoon
- Red Chilli powder: 1 tea spoon
- Green Chillis: As per taste (chopped)
- Tomato: 1 large (chopped)
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro): 2 table spoons (minced)
- Cooking Oil: 1 table spoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 tea spoon
- Garam Masala: 1 tea spoon
- Lemon juice: Few drops
- Salt: As per taste
- Immerse and soak the chickpeas (Kabli Chhola) in water for a minimum of 3-4 hours.
- Steam the chickpeas in a pressure cooker with a pinch of salt so that they are well-boiled.
- Pour oil in a frying pan and heat the cumin seeds in it.
- Add the onions and saute for 2-3 mins.
- When the onions turn light brown in colour, add the ginger and garlic to it. Saute for another 1-2 mins.
- Add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt to the frying pan and saute for about a minute.
- Add the chickpeas (Kabli Chhola) to the frying pan and mix the ingredients thoroughly. Cook the mixture well for about 5 mins.
- When the chickpeas are done, add 1 table spoon of chopped coriander leaves and Garam Masala, and mix it.
- Server the chickpeas (Kabli Chhola) in a bowl and top it off with 1 table spoon of coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to taste.
Enjoy the hot parathas with chhola masala, pickle, dahi (curd) or any other side dish of your choice.
1 thought on “Methi Paratha & Chhola Masala”
Thanks for the recipe. Will try it at home.